Job posted by: Sauti Yetu Center for African Women
Posted on: January 18, 2014
More / LessJob description
Sauti Yetu Center for African Women is looking for a receptionist who will work directly with the Executive Director. The receptionist will manage the front desk and assist with basic human resource needs of 23+ staff and provide administrative support to the Executive Director. Specifically the candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Scheduling and managing the executive directors calendar, including meetings
- Manage the front desk and the flow of information between and among staff including responding to questions.
- Handling filing, copying and routing of documents that come through the Executive Director's office.
- Providing overall administrative assistance to a variety of projects for ED and staff as needed
- Organizing and processing all human resources paper work throughout the recruitment phase and assisting with HR needs and issues
- Schedule travel for the ED as needed.
- Process purchase requisitions
- Maintain overall purchasing needs of the office and ensure that supplies are available
- Assisting staff with organizing of problem-solving work-space issues as they arise
- Managing Conference room scheduling, answering the phone, maintaining office supplies, processing mail and greeting visitors and clients at the front desk
- Maintain physical office files and filing systems
- Set up staff meetings and maintain staff calendar and assist with organizing staff team building activities
- Provide general support for Sauti Yetu events as needed (especially around Sauti Yetu annual activities.
- Human Resource in not for profit experience is required
- At least one year work experience in administrative/office management capacity
- Candidate must be extremely organized, attentive to details with ability to set priorities and deal with multiple tasks.
- Excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills are required.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise sound judgment.
- Proficient in word, excel, and excellent social media skills.
- French language is preferred but not required
- The successful candidate must have the ability to work well in a culturally diverse setting and be extremely flexible and mature. The position requires continual interaction with a variety of people within the office, the agency and the community at large
- Ability to maintain discretion and diplomacy
- A creative thinker
More / LessLocation
- 2417 3RD Avenue, Suite 205, New York, NY, 10451, US
More / LessDetails
- Start date
- February 3, 2014
- Application deadline
- January 31, 2014
- Education requirements
- Employment type
- Full time
- Professional level
- Entry level
- Salary range (annual, U.S. $)
- 28,000 - 32,000
- Salary details
- comensurate with experience
- Job function
- Owner's areas of focus